Discussion Board Features
DISCUSSION BOARD FEATURES
Several features are included in the Discussion Board, check the instructions below to navigate around some of Blackboard’s newest features!
To access a Discussion Board, click on the Communication menu button, then choose Discussion Board.
- Once you are inside of the Discussion Board option click on the title of the Forum or topic you wish to participate in.
From within the topic, you will then see a screen like this:
- To participate or post your ‘Thread’ click on the Thread icon at the top right hand corner. Enter your Subject and Message for the rest of the class to review.
- To view the amount of replies that have been posted to this ‘Thread’, look at the end of the thread column then you will see Unread Posts and Total Posts.
- Unread Posts are postings that you have not yet viewed and Total Posts is the amount of postings within this Thread.
- To Reply to one of these postings, click on the thread title and choose Reply
While you are drafting a message there is also a ‘Save’ feature. When you are ‘saving’ a draft you can retrieve it by changing the Display menu from ‘Published’ to ‘Show All’.
- <Having trouble discerning who responded to which post? Change your view of your Discussion Board to Tree View. This will allow you to see a nested display that shows exactly which response a particular person replied to.