Creating a Basic Test
This guide with screen shots shows you the basics of creating a quick quiz/test in a specific content area in your Bb course.
- Inside any Content Area (folder). Mouse over Assessments and click Test.
- If you are creating a new test, click create. Otherwise submit a previously deployed test from the list called Add an Existing Test and click Submit.
- On the Test Information Screen, provide a name for this test. You may also optionally provide a description, as well as instructions to students.
You may also attempt to suppress the printing feature of most web browsers by inserting a special code block. Please see the instructions on disabling printing.
Note this does not prevent students from screen capturing or simply taking a picture of what is on the screen.
- You will now come to a screen called the Test Canvas:
Adding Questions to a Test Canvas (basic functionality):
- Mouse over the Create Question Tab.
- Select the type of question you would like to create.
- Give the question a title.
- Enter the question text.
- Select the appropriate related options for the question.
- Enter answers and select the correct answer, if appropriate.
- Click Submit.
- You are then returned to the Test Canvas.
- Back in the test canvas, you may repeat the process in Step 6
You may assign point values on the right side of the screen:
- You may arrange the test questions in any order by clicking and holding the left side of the question box, and dragging the question higher or lower on the list.
- Click OK and then Submit.
You will now see the Test Options Screen. Please see the Test Options Overview page for a full discussion.