What would you like to do?
Would you like to know when your students have submitted assignments or tests? With notifications, you are presented with a link you can click to take you directly to the grading interface for that student’s assignment or test submission! You can receive email alerts for these new items by using Blackboard notifications! Here’s how…
1) Go to your ‘My Places’ from your Blackboard homepage after logging in:
2) Click on the “Edit Notification Settings” link:
3) Click on the class you want to change your email settings in:
4) Select the areas you wish to receive email changes from:
5) Click on Submit and you are done!
Is your class using our new Campus Pack content for Wikis, Blogs, or Journals? Would you like to know when content in them has been added or changed by your students via email? Here’s how you do it!
1) After you have gone to your class wiki/blog, click on the ‘Subscribe’ button in the upper right area of the page:
2) Check the box indicating you would like to receive periodic notifications and then click save:
3) You are done!
If your class/classes use discussion boards, it might be nice to know when a student has replied or made a new contribution. In order to subscribe to these threads so you can receive email notifications, just do the following!
1) When you set up your forum, make sure to enable the option to allow subscriptions to either/both forum and/or threads.
2) Click on the thread you are interested in receiving notifications from via email:
3) Click on the Subscribe button:
4) Congratulations, you are now Subscribed! If you wish to unsubscribe, just repeat the process, but this time the button will be an Unsubscribe button!