TEST TAKING IN BLACKBOARD
Generally, tests, exams, and quizzes will be placed in the course by your instructor under the Assignments area…
Tests may be placed elsewhere in the course, but the instructor will guide you to the test location.
INSTRUCTIONS: (time allotment, # of attempts etc.)
Instructions for the test will appear when you click “Begin”. The name of the test, instructions, timing, number of attempts allowed, etc. are just some of the types of information found within the instruction section as show below…
- Use the “Save Answer” or “Save All Answers” buttons early and often as you go through the test.
- Do NOT use the Back button of the browser you are using. This can cause the test to stop working and generate an error message.
- When you are satisfied with your answers on the test, and ready to submit it, click on the “Save and Submit” button.
- For most tests, after submission, you will get immediate feedback on your performance as long as the instructor has set it up to do so. Grades might not be immediately available otherwise. Contact your instructor if you have questions about this.
TEST INTERRUPTIONS: (lost connections, pc malfunctions, test accidentally stopped)
- If something unfortunate happens and your test is unavoidably interrupted, contact your instructor as soon as possible via email, phone, or otherwise to notify them of the problem. They may clear your attempt on the test which will allow you to start again, but this is up to the instructor to do.
Do NOT wait until the last minute to complete an examination, especially if it is one that is given ahead of time. By planning ahead, you can avoid many issues that could possibly arise. Planning ahead also allows your instructor and the Blackboard support staff to work with you in a more timely fashion.